The new build Lea Fields Crematorium offers a single chapel for 100 people seated and 50 standing. Situated in picturesque parkland near the village of Lea, the main building includes a foyer space, chapel, cremator and ancillary areas.
In the wider site, the new memorial facility, known as the Remembrance Court, incorporates the Book of Remembrance and Flowers Room.
Since practical completion in 2019, the project has received numerous commendations, including:
- Civic Trust Award Winner, 2021
- Brick Award, Public Building Category, Shortlisted, 2021
- AJ Architecture Awards, Public Building Category, Shortlisted, 2021
- SPACES Yearbook, SPACES Awards and Civic Building of the Year, Shortlisted, 2021
- Best Small Commercial Project Highly Commended, East Midlands LABC Building Excellence Award, 2020
- Best Public Service Building Finalist, East Midlands LABC Building Excellence Award, 2020
This is Goddard Consulting’s third completed crematorium project with Principal Designers, Haverstock.
Client West Lindsey District Council
Principal Designer Haverstock
Structural Engineer Elliott Wood
Services Designer EP Consulting
Landscape Architect Plincke
Principal Contractor Wilmott Dixon